Without any yeast, these no-rise doughnuts can be made in no time at all. They’re still just as fluffy and mouth-watering as the traditional yeasted fried dough.
These easy doughnuts are made without yeast and are super soft and delicious and can be prepared in jiffy without waiting for the leavening time. These donuts taste so amazing and are really easy and fun to make.
I know donuts are supposed to be a sweet snack but once in a while my girls love having the for breakfast with a cup of milk. Well it doesn’t matter if a dish is dessert or breakfast as long as kids love eating them without running behind them.
You can use any topping on these donuts or simply coat them in plain or cinnamon sugar. And if you are looking for guilt free options the go ahead and bake them in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Either way the donuts are real tasty and your kids will love them.
No-Rise Doughnuts PrintPrep Time Cook Time Total Time Without any yeast, these no-rise doughnuts can be made in no time at all. They’re still just as fluffy and mouth-watering as the traditional yeasted fried dough.Author: Sapana BehlRecipe Type: DessertServes: 6 servingsIngredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- oil for frying
- ¼ cup sugar for coating
- In a mixing bowl add milk and vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt into the butter mixture alternating with the vinegar milk mixture.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough into ½” thickness and cut donuts with cookie cutter or donuts cutter.
- Heat oil in a wok and meanwhile let the donuts rest for 10 minutes covered with a kitchen towel.
- Once oil is heated up deep fry the donuts until golden. Drain them on paper towel and dust with sugar.
- Serve with or without milk.
NotesDon’t skip the resting of donuts for 10 minutes. It will really help them rising in the frying.