- 600g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 300g chorizo, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 80g manchego, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch silverbeet, leaves separated, stalks cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry sherry
- 75g blanched almonds, toasted, chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling salted water over high heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, shake in a colander, then place on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbs oil and roast for 30 minutes or until light golden. Add chorizo and roast for 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove potato and chorizo from tray, draining and reserving chorizo oil. Add manchego to tray, and roast for 5 minutes or until melted.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a frypan with a lid over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas, then cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp. Drain. Transfer to a bowl and toss with cumin, paprika, cayenne and 1 tsp salt.
Heat chorizo oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook silverbeet stalks for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. Remove stalks and set aside. Add sherry and cook for 2-3 minutes until reduced by half. Add stalks and silverbeet leaves to pan and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Serve silverbeet with cooking juices, potatoes, chickpeas, manchego, chorizo, almonds and lemon wedges.