- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan spice paste or mild curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 250g cooked shredded turkey
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Warm pita bread and yoghurt, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a wide, deep, non-stick saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the garlic, ginger and Moroccan or curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the rice and stir to coat. Pour in the stock, then cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Remove the lid, stir through the turkey, sultanas and chickpeas, and cook for a further 2 minutes to warm through. Stir in the lemon juice.
Sprinkle with the chopped coriander leaves and serve with warm pita bread and a dollop of yoghurt.
Moroccan spice paste is available from gourmet food shops.
Nutrition Per Serve