Chicken satay is always a winner but this simple version served on a delicious low carb salad will be a guaranteed hit. Tasty, healthy AND easy? Check!
I actually don’t even know where to start this post. You know when you get so busy with other stuff and you just completely neglect the thing you love doing the most? That’s what’s been happening with me and this little blog I love so much. C and I have been insanely busy over the last two months with client work and all my resolutions about spending more time and effort on Simply Delicious has flown right out of the window. And I hate it. But right now, I just have no choice because when I am shooting 20 recipes and filming 4 videos a week for clients, something has to give and unfortunately, it’s poor Simply Delicious that gets pushed aside.
But I have hopes that things will become more manageable soon (for the first time I’ve had to start thinking about hiring an assistant) and big campaign work (like shooting 50 recipes for a client in less than 3 weeks) will ease up and I can schedule my time more effectively. Until then, you’ll have to forgive my sporadic posts and social media updates. I lie in bed at night kicking myself because I forgot to post on Insta or Facebook or I forgot to check comments. But as I say, hopefully from March things will be a little more organised around here.
And for now, I’m giving you this insanely delicious salad I made a week or so ago. It was one of those nights where I had been shooting all day and I just had no energy to cook dinner. Luckily I had a surplus of chicken breasts in the fridge and I knew a quick salad would have to suffice. I wanted punchy flavour though so I made a quick satay dressing/marinade and marinated the chicken in it while I went to work slicing the vegetables. I used pretty much everything I had in the fridge but you could honestly go to town here. Peppers, sugar snap peas, baby corn, cucumber, carrots, radishes, spring onion, cabbage, sprouts. Anything goes. And that dressing? I’m not joking when I say it’s drinkable. It also helps that this salad is really healthy and takes all but 20 minutes to make. I’d love to know what the recipes are you turn to when you’ve had a busy day? Please let me know in the comments below. Have a wonderful weekend!
Low carb chicken satay salad Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 10 mins Total time 20 mins Chicken satay is always a winner but this simple version served on a delicious low carb salad will be a guaranteed hit. Tasty, healthy AND easy? Check! Author: Alida Ryder Recipe type: Salad, Low Carb, Dinner, Lunch, Chicken Serves: 4 Ingredients for the satay dressing/marinade
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon/lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
for the salad
- 4 skinless, de-boned chicken breasts
- red pepper, sliced
- carrots, thinly sliced
- sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- cucumber, shaved into ribbons/thinly sliced
- baby corn, halved
- spring onion, thinly sliced
- cabbage, thinly sliced
- baby lettuce leaves
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing/marinade.
- Reserve ½ of the dressing and pour the remainder over the chicken breasts.
- Allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, prep all the vegetables.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat then add the chicken breasts. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a minute or two before slicing.
- Serve the chicken with the vegetables and the dressing on the side.