- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch English spinach, stalks trimmed, roughly chopped
- 12 lean lamb cutlets, french-trimmed
Heat half the oil in a large deep frypan. Cook onion and garlic over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add chilli, coriander and ginger, and cook for a further minute. Turn heat to medium-high, add chickpeas and 2 tablespoons water and heat through for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat a large chargrill pan over high heat and brush with the remaining oil. Cook the lamb, in batches if necessary, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and rest for 4 minutes, then serve with the warm chickpeas.
Nutrition Per Serve