- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 3 tsp garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 3 tsp good-quality Indian curry powder
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 heaped tbs korma curry paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 300g cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- Coriander leaves and steamed basmati rice, to serve
- 1 tsp garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 1 tsp good-quality Indian curry powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 store-bought naan breads, warmed
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger, then cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until golden. Add spices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and curry paste, then cook, stirring, for a further 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut cream and tomato, then simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in chickpeas and prawns, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
For the naan, combine spices and sesame seeds with 1 tbs sea salt in a small bowl. Brush warm naan with melted butter, then sprinkle with the curry salt.
Garnish the curry with coriander leaves, then serve with naan and rice.