This super easy chocolate fudge recipe delivers fudge as smooth as silk and topped with salted pretzels, make a delectable sweet treat.
Starting the week off with chocolate is no big deal right? Ok fine. I know I’m being a terrible temptress right now but once you taste this fudge, you’ll forgive me. I promise. But before we get to the fudge, I have something to confess.
A year ago, you wouldn’t catch me dead near a pretzel. I absolutely despised the stuff. But around December something happened to my taste buds and I could actually stomach them. This opened a whole new world for me (drama queen over here) and I started thinking of recipe combinations immediately. Now listen, they’re still not my favourite snack in the world BUT combined with other ingredients, I really like them. Like the day I couldn’t decide if I was craving something sweet or something savory and kept going between the salty pretzels and dark chocolate. YOU GUYS! Dark chocolate and pretzels are made for each other.
So, I started thinking how I could incorporate those flavours into a recipe and then this bad boy fudge was born. I absolutely LOVE fudge but classic fudge can be quite a mission to make as any sugar-cookery can be. But this fudge? Honestly could not be easier. Just melt together the ingredients, beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder and you’re done. I pressed salted pretzels onto the fudge before popping it into the fridge to set and not only did it make for the prettiest fudge topping ever, it also added awesome texture in every bite and a little of that salty-yum that works so well with chocolate.
If you’re so inclined, this fudge would make the most delightful handmade Valentine’s day gift but honestly I would just make this for myself. Happy Valentine’s day to me!
Easy salted pretzel chocolate fudge Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 10 mins Total time 20 mins This super easy chocolate fudge recipe delivers fudge as smooth as silk and topped with salted pretzels, make a delectable sweet treat. Author: Alida Ryder Recipe type: Fudge, Sweets, Candy, Dessert Serves: Makes 20 squares of fudge Ingredients
- 400g milk chocolate
- 1 x can sweetened condensed milk (+-400g)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 75g (+- ½ cup) icing sugar
- 25g (+- 3 tablespoons) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 pretzels
- sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Line a 20cmx20cm dish with parchment/baking paper. (Any size from around 20-25cm would work, your fudge will just be slightly thinner.)
- Melt together the milk chocolate, condensed milk and butter over low heat.
- Sift together the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- When the chocolate mixture is smooth, beat in the icing sugar mix until you have a smooth, thick dough-like mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared dish and smooth the top. Press the pretzels into the fudge and sprinkle with salt (if using).
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set before slicing into squares.
- Place in a airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Notes This recipe was adapted from this Carnation recipe.