- 700g chat potatoes, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g chorizo, diced
- 1 teaspoon pimenton (sweet smoked paprika)*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 850g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted Turkish bread, or rice, to serve
Place potato and bay leaf in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 6 minutes or until just starting to soften.
Drain and discard bay leaf.
Heat oil in a large frypan and cook onion for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2-3 minutes until starting to crisp. Add paprika, garlic and tomato, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened.
Stir in chickpeas and cook until heated through. Stir in cooked potato. Add chopped parsley just before serving. Serve on toasted Turkish bread or rice.
* Pimenton is from delicatessens, supermarkets and spice stores.