- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups (400g) couscous
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons sumac*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped mint leaves
For the yoghurt, mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Steam carrots, covered, over boiling water for 3-5 minutes until just tender.
Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork, then add chickpeas and carrots.
For the dressing, whisk sumac, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl.
Add to the couscous and toss together.
Serve the chickpea and carrot couscous with the minted yoghurt. Garnish with mint leaves.
* From gourmet food and spice shops.
Nutrition Per Serve