- 750g thin chicken sausages
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3 small nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 loosely packed cups baby basil leaves
- 1 loosely packed cup parsley leaves
- 1 small eschalot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/4 cup redcurrant jam
Heat a lightly oiled chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages for about 8-10 minutes, turning, until browned all over and cooked through. Remove from the heat and slice in half on the diagonal.
Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine the eschalot and vinegar in a pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes until vinegar is almost evaporated. Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Add jam and simmer for 4 minutes or until jam is melted and sauce is slightly thickened.
You should be left with about 1/3 cup of sauce.
Place the chickpeas, nectarines and herbs in a bowl, and toss to combine.
Halve sausages and serve on chickpea mixture, drizzled with the redcurrant sauce.
Nutrition Per Serve