We will introduce the festive cheer today with this cranberry and brie puff pastry wreath. If there’s one recipe to make during the holidays, it’s this one. The buttery, golden pastry with the sweet cranberries, melty brie cheese and crunchy pistachios is just such a lovely addition to your cheeseboard and will make an awesome appetizer or starter. And isn’t it just the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen? I love this technique of making a wreath and you can bet your bottom dollar, you’ll be seeing a lot more of this on Simply Delicious in the future. But for now I’m going to leave you to go gather all these ingredients and get baking because honestly, once you taste this, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Cranberry and Brie puff pastry wreath
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2-3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 200g Brie cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thick and cut a large circle out of the pastry.
- Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mark a circle with a medium-sized ball and with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle. (As demonstrated in the video.)
- Spread the cranberry sauce around the center “star” then top with the Brie and pistachios.
- Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
- Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.