- 1 tablespoon ghee (see note)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup (200g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
Heat the ghee in a frypan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, for 1 minute or until they begin to pop. Add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and chilli flakes, then cook, stirring, for a further minute or until fragrant.
Place the chickpeas in a bowl, pour over the toasted spices, then stir until well combined. Stir in the yoghurt, lemon juice, spring onion, coriander and mint until well combined. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve.
Ghee is clarified butter, available from supermarkets.
Nutrition Per Serve