Chicken baked in a rich white wine sauce flavored with garlic and herbs is a perfect easy weeknight recipe.
When you are in search of a quick but absolutely scrumptious dinner, look no further. I made these chicken thighs a few nights ago when I had an incredibly hectic day and needed to get dinner on the table, quickly. This is actually the way I love to roast whole chickens the most with the wine, garlic and herbs flavouring the chicken in the most delectable way. However, I just didn’t have time to wait around for a whole chicken to roast so I grabbed a few thighs instead. They were teeny tiny as well so they roasted in no time.
I had a few punnets of fresh herbs in the fridge that needed using up so I used sage, parsley, rosemary and thyme, a few cloves of garlic and a good glug of sauvignon blanc. The end result was the type of recipe that makes you lick your plate. The sauce it forms is so good, in fact, that I ate it by the spoonful. I served chicken baked in its scrumptious sauce with steamed broccoli and a loaf of crusty baguette to mop up all the juices. Simply delicious.
5.0 from 3 reviews Chicken baked with white wine, garlic and herbs Print Prep time 15 mins Cook time 20 mins Total time 35 mins Author: Alida Ryder Recipe type: Chicken, Dinner, Serves: 4 Ingredients
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on and bone in)
- olive oil/butter for frying
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 250ml white wine
- large handful mixed fresh herbs, chopped (I used sage, parsley, thyme and rosemary)
- splash of cream (approximately 50-100ml)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- In a large, oven-proof frying pan, melt the butter/heat the oil and fry the chicken until golden brown all over.
- Remove from the pan then add the garlic and allow to fry for a few seconds then pour in the wine, herbs and cream.
- Add the chicken back to the pan then season to taste and place in the oven.
- Allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through but still juicy.
- Serve with rice/bread to mop up the juices.